On 6 March 2018, the Home Office announced launch of a new online application system – Access UK which is now available to Tier 2 customers and PBS dependants.
The new service will enable workers and their partner or child to follow a more modern, intuitive and straight forward visa application process and, for the first time, they will apply to come to the UK using the same application system as those seeking to remain in the UK for work.
The benefits of Access UK include:
- A shorter application form, with questions ordered based on customer feedback
- Relevant questions based on a customer’s previous answers
- The application fee displayed in the relevant currency
- The ability to apply, book a Visa Application Centre (VAC) appointment, and pay for the relevant service standard seamlessly
- The ability to review, edit and download a partially completed application at any point before submission
- Availability on mobile devices
Tier 2 Applications
Visa4UK will remain available to customers for now, however, all Tier 2 visa customers and their dependants should now be encouraged to use Access UK to complete and submit their application. The Home Office will make a separate announcement before Visa4UK is turned off, but it is important that new applications are submitted through the new system now.
- Tier 2 customers can apply at: https://visas-immigration.serv
- PBS dependants can apply at: https://visas-immigration.serv
It must be noted that the main guidance page www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa will continue to link to Visa4uk for a short period so it’s important that the direct links above are used. This will take applicants directly to Access UK.
For the detailed information and FAQs on Access UK for visit visa, Short-term student, Tier 4 (Student), Tier 2 (WORK), Tier 5 (work) and Points Based System Dependants please click here.