- Domestic abuse is one of the worst things that can happen in a relationship, and it is extremely important to get out of this relationship as fast as possible
- Often, it is not as simple as leaving the relationship – especially if you are married.
- You will often be afforded certain benefits by the court if your divorce is caused by abuse
- Domestic abuse counts as full evidence that your relationship has broken down, and is grounds for divorce and separation
- Sterling Law will help you every step of the way, both in separation and in custody, and property and financial matters.
- Sterling Law is also experienced in the field of injunctions, and getting you legal protection if you are being abused domestically
- Restraining orders are typically divided into injunctions
- There are two types of injunctions in the UK:
- Non-molestation orders, which protect both you and/or your child from being threatened, harmed, or otherwise abused by the person who has abused you
- Occupation orders – prevents the person who is abusing you from living, or being near to, your home or the area surrounding
- Breaking these orders will lead to arrest
- You will need to view this as a criminal case – which means the police will be involved in proving the abuse and making sure you are protected
- Sterling Law will help you write and review your application for an injunction, and make sure that it is successful and that you can feel safe.
We are a modern and innovative boutique law firm with a flexible «can-do» approach. Our cross-domain specialisation allows for seamless solutions whether you are a business or an individual, allowing us to solve most complex problems, where several areas of law are involved.