What is an employment contract?
An employment contract is an agreement between an employer and an employee which establishes the terms and conditions of employment and spells out the relationship and specifies how long the contract will last and whether it is renewable.
What should be included in an employment contract?
Points to be included are
- The beginning date of employment
- The end of employment
- The type of work the employee is to perform
- The regular rate of pay
- How often pay advances are to be made
- How often pay is to be paid
- The holidays on which the employee is to be compensated
- Whether or not the employee will be entitled to overtime, holiday, or vacation pay
- All of the conditions on which the employer‘s commitments are based
How we can help if there was a breach of employment contract:
Sterling Law employment solicitors can advise on:
- Contract review & independent legal advise
- Unpaid wages and holidays
- Health and safety issues
- Unfair dismissal and redundancies
- NDAs and confidentiality issues
- Post-termination restrictions
- Workplace disputes
- Employment Tribunal representations
- Other arising issues