Contact us

Book consultation

Visit our office

Book consultation

Contact our team to find out if we can help.

Book a free call to discuss your matter with us. Please leave your details and we will call you. We would also ask you to briefly describe your matter in the notes section, for the assessment before the call.

Please kindly note, we'll try to call you within the one hour slot you book, however, sometimes we'll have to reschedule the call.

Please answer mandatory questions below.

    Contact Us

    Corporate services

    Individual services

    UK Study Visa

    Key requirements:

    You must have an offer to study from a licensed sponsor (a school or university)

    To prove this, you sponsor will provide you with a reference number called CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies)

    Once your CAS has been issued, you have 6 months to apply for your visa.

    How much it costs & money you need:

    The amount you need depends on your circumstances. You must have enough money to pay for 1 academic year (up to 9 months of studies). The exact amount will be inidicate on your CAS.

    Unless you have been living in the UK with a valid visa for the past 12 months, you will also have to demonstrate you have enough money to support yourself in the UK (also called maintenance or financial requirement).

    • £1,334 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses in London

    • £1,023 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses outside London

    For the Doctorate Extension Scheme: you need to prove you have a total of £2,668 for courses in London, or a total of £2,046 for courses outside London.

    You must have this money for at least 28 consecutive days. The end date of the 28-day period must be within 31 days of the date you apply for your visa.

    If you have a student loan or a sponsorship (e.g. scholarship), you need to provide evidence of those.

    If you are boarding at a school, you will have to pay the boarding fees instead.

    If you are a British national overseas or from one of the following countries, the financial requirement doesn’t apply to you:

    • Australia

    • Austria

    • Bahrain

    • Barbados

    • Belgium

    • Botswana

    • Brazil

    • Brunei

    • Bulgaria

    • Cambodia

    • Canada

    • Chile

    • China

    • Croatia

    • Republic of Cyprus

    • Czech Republic

    • Denmark

    • The Dominican Republic

    • Estonia

    • Finland

    • France

    • Germany

    • Greece

    • Hong Kong

    • Hungary

    • Iceland

    • Indonesia

    • Ireland

    • Italy

    • Japan

    • Kazakhstan

    • Kuwait

    • Latvia

    • Liechtenstein

    • Lithuania

    • Luxembourg

    • Macao

    • Malaysia

    • Malta

    • Mauritius

    • Mexico

    • Netherlands

    • New Zealand

    • Norway

    • Oman

    • Peru

    • Poland

    • Portugal

    • Qatar

    • Romania

    • Serbia

    • Singapore

    • Slovakia

    • Slovenia

    • South Korea

    • Spain

    • Sweden

    • Switzerland

    • Taiwan

    • Thailand

    • Tunisia

    • United Arab Emirates

    • United States of America

    English knowledge:

    You must show you can communicate in English before you apply. Usually you will need to pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) from an approved provider, which can be one of the following:

    If you are in the UK

    You can only take a SELT with one of the following providers:

    • IELTS SELT Consortium

    • LanguageCert

    • Pearson

    • Trinity College London

    If you are outside of the UK

    You can only take a SELT with one of the following providers:

    • IELTS SELT Consortium

    • LanguageCert

    • Pearson

    • PSI Services (UK) Ltd

    If you completed a GCSE, A level, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5, Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher in English, you normally don’t need to take English test.

    Level of English to apply for Student visa:

    If you are applying to study at a degree level or above – you need to know English at level B2 or above

    If you are applying to study below a degree level – you need to know English at level B1 or above.

    Who does not need to prove their knowledge of English

    You do not need to take English test if you’ve completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in one of the following countries, or are from one of the following countries:

    Antigua and Barbuda

    • Australia

    • the Bahamas

    • Barbados

    • Belize

    • Dominica

    • Grenada

    • Guyana

    • Ireland

    • Jamaica

    • Malta

    • New Zealand

    • St Kitts and Nevis

    • St Lucia

    • St Vincent and the Grenadines

    • Trinidad and Tobago

    • UK

    • USA

    OR if one of the following applies:

    • you’re a national of Canada

    • you’re applying to come to the UK for a study abroad programme as part of a university degree course in the USA

    • you proved your level of English in a previous visa application

    Nationals of certain countries must also provide a negative tuberculosis test from an approved clinic.

    We value your time. After the consultation, we will let you know what the next steps are. We will request the documents we need, and only call you when necessary. We are proactive, will update you on your case as soon as we have any news so that you don’t need to call, meaning you can rest assured that no actions are needed from your side.

    We haven’t forgotten about you, but we believe you’d rather spend time doing something that really matters than on the phone with a lawyer.

    Recent news

    Our team

    48 legal professionals

    Successful cases