Lily is a hard-working and proactive dual-qualified lawyer with nearly 10 years of proven success record in commercial dispute resolution, corporate, business, intellectual property and family matters. She worked in London, Brussels and Moscow, and studied in Russia, Canada, France and the UK.
Cases Lily has been working on
- Advised a client on enforceability of warranties and guaranties in the share and purchase agreement and potential arbitration at the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation (the ICAC at the RF CCI);
- Worked on an LCIA arbitration, involving one of the biggest pharmacy companies in Russia;
- Successfully advised on and guided a client through the application process for British citizenship;
- Provided legal opinions to a financial regulator in the EU acting for a UK fintech company; in court proceedings in Cyprus and in probate in Guernsey and Jersey;
- Advised a UK fintech company on the UK and WIPO trademark application procedures;
- Advised a UK tech company and worked alongside with a QC on a complex dispute between shareholders involving fraud, misappropriation of company’s funds and disqualification of the director;
- Successfully opposed an application to set aside a default judgment;
- Advised a client in a dispute relating to the damage to the property;
- Incorporated limited liability companies in the UK;
- Helped Russian and foreign companies (incorporated in the US, Canada, Europe and the Middle East) structure their operations in Russia, drafted commercial contracts under English law, put in place compliance procedures, policies and documents;
- Advised on a personal guarantee for a loan of €15,000,000 for purchasing luxury properties in London:
- Advised on divorce and child custody involving international couples in the UK, the US, Portugal and Egypt;
- Negotiated a settlement in an employment dispute on terms favourable to the client, one of the biggest airline companies in the Middle East;
- Advised Russian clients on taxation of the trust fund in Gibraltar and represented them in a tax investigation carried out by Russian tax authorities;
- Secured a court judgment for a trust company based in Jersey in a complex court case involving Russia, Jersey and the US relating to a multi-million flat in Saint Petersburg.
- Managed complex multijurisdictional arbitration cases, drafted procedural orders and correspondence on behalf of the president of the arbitral tribunal, filed parties’ pleadings and correspondence, conducted legal research for the president of the arbitral tribunal;
- Conducted legal research for a party appointed expert in an investment treaty claim brought by a French resident against Turkey.